Saturday, July 23, 2011

still upset about crusader aura, take two

I don't often miss game mechanics, at least not on a regular basis. Sure, sometimes I whine about not having Divine Intervention anymore, but honestly it's an artifact of paladin past and I've accepted that.

But I just can't get over not having Aura Mastery work with Crusader Aura anymore. I miss it every time I log in.

A lot of times, I use it just to hear the sound it makes, but I get sad, too, because Aura Mastery has two sound components: the shing of AM and the rahw of Crusader Aura. It only makes the shing now.

QQ

3 comments:

  1. As crazy as it sounds, this was one of the main reasons I quit WOW at the end of WOLK.

    I loved the fact that I had the fastest mount in the game, with an aura that made it even faster. I loved that on top of this, I had an afterburner, to propel me at rocket speed.

    It wasn't a deal breaker that this was taken out - just a sign that, for me, the game was losing its charm. So I quit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still a bit sad about it and I completely understand why they did it. It certainly was a great class/spec flavor feature.

    I don't mention it often, mostly because it was longer ago, but I'd much rather have Divine Guardian available for Holy again. Maybe I spend too much time raiding. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anon, I know what you mean. It's a good piece of flavor.

    Joe, so very true, if I thought we had a prayer of ever getting DG back, I'd be ranting about it! DG is the talent my blog is named for.

    ReplyDelete