Friday, March 19, 2010

Places to Go, People to See

It's been a long week, but Happy Friday! I could list all the things that kept me from posting/writing/theorycrafting, but I'll spare you the details. Sometimes life sucks, but without the suck there would be no joy. And sometimes the suck needs to happen to nudge people into the direction they need to go.

I have felt devoid of inspiration. I'm to a point where I feel anything I could say about paladin healing has been said. In a way, I'm sure it has. That can't be entirely true, though, because there are a lot of paladin bloggers out there and our "only three heals" doesn't seem to limit the content, information, and stories they come up with.

So for this week, I'd just like to share with you some links. If you're an avid blog reader, these links are probably not new to you. But these bloggers (and many more out there) are my heroes, I started blogging only after I started reading blogs.

Codi from Moar HPS talks about theorycrafting and its importance. If you've ever wondered at what gear level Blessing of Kings becomes more mana than Improved Blessing of Wisdom, you'll find your answer here. Quite awkwardly, this was my first theorycrafting experiment, although I used max mana (calculating raid buffs, etc), working backwards. Codi, of course, has more grace, and does the numbers so you don't have to (but she thinks you should, anyways. And so do I).

Flow is a Resto Shaman who asks us to consider the conflict between progression and community in your guild. There aren't easy answers to be had for the problems that crop up, but Wugen is open-minded and offers us good reading.

Bellwether at 4Haelz explains her take on "it's just a game". Raiding's a team effort, but we knew that, right?

Duct Tape and a Prayer pursues excellence and questions if "it's just a game". Short posts are powerful.

Pugnacious Priest ponders personas, personalities, and profiles. The internet has created this question of personas and identities online. Have you considered how you present yourself or how you manage all the ways to "be" online? I've found that since I've developed my blogspot persona, I've grown as a person. I'm more willing to take the high road and less willing to complain. It started on my blog, but I've found it spreading to other parts of my life. Thanks, PP, for encouraging me to reflect.

No comments:

Post a Comment